Custom Search
Check out Menu on the right to view information on Kids of other Bollywood Stars

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Amrita Rao's Sister Preetika Rao Debuts With Tamil Film Chikku Bukku

Amrita Rao's Sister Preetika Rao Joins Films: Preetika Rao, Amrita Rao's younger sister is all set for her Tamil debut, Chikku Bukku which releases on December 3. This model and journalist joins Arya and Shriya Saran in the movie directed by Manikandan.

Below is an Interview with Prateeka, Over to her.

Amrita Rao's Sister Preetika Rao

Why films?

I was very happy modelling and being a journalist But there came a point when stagnancy sets in. Modelling had become monotonous. There was not much scope for anything new. My elder sister's fans who were in touch with me were of the opinion that I should be doing movies! And around that time like destiny would have it, Chikku Bukku came my way. I felt I should give it a shot.

Why Tamil and not Hindi as your debut film?

Well, I would like to believe that the Tamil industry chose me and I was fortunate to land a prestigious project like Chikku Bukku with Arya.

It was definitely not the first movie offer that came my way but it was one that came when I was contemplating to give cinema a try. So it was just the right timing and not a conscious decision to start off in the South.


You were supposed to act in a Kannada film first...

Yes, I had signed Raktaksha directed by Rajendra Singh Babu opposite his son Adithya. But their production house began producing three movies at the same time and then had to hold back our project in order to complete the other two. They may re-start anytime.

How did the offer to do Chikku Bukku come to you?

The PRO of Chikku Bukku spotted my picture in the Bollywood column of a film magazine. He approached the editor for my contact details and later director K Manikandan, who was the associate of late director-cinematographer Jeeva, met me in Mumbai and almost instantly signed me for the movie.

Initially he wanted a Hindi actress to play the role, and had approached Vidya Balan, but since she was busy with other commitments, I bagged the project!

How did you surmount the language barrier?

I would travel to Chennai very often to shoot for advertisements, so I had already picked up a smattering of Tamil, but when I started work on the film, I took some Tamil lessons and soon got the hang of it.

I always loved Tamil music and was used to listening to AR Rahman's compositions over a decade. Incidentally my grandmother was born in Madras in 1928, and her dad retired from the Sales Tax Tribunal, Madras in 1954. Hence my granny is fluent in Tamil. Since I was born and brought up in Mumbai, I did not have any opportunity to learn any of the South Indian languages. But I guess I have Tamil lessons running somewhere in my genes, which makes the lingo very comprehensible for me!

How was it acting with Shriya and Arya?

I don't have any scenes with Shriya in the movie. She was very friendly and would go out of her way to shower praise on me. Shriya told me that I have a lovely voice and that I was gorgeous and that I should join Bollywood ASAP!

As for Arya, we all know he is a fine actor. His kinky sense of humour made me laugh all day on the sets! He is super-cool and a very supportive.


Did you go through any theatre or acting classes to hone your acting skills?

No, because I believe that acting is not a talent that can be taught; you are born with it! Acting can be definitely practised, but then I was already facing the camera while I was in college thanks to my modelling experience. So I didn't find the need to go to an acting school.

How was it being directed by Manikandan?

If god gave me a wish to describe how my debut movie director should be, I think director Manikandan will fit the bill. He is one of the coolest new generation directors that Tamil cinema has. He is always smiling and cheerful. He makes his actors feel special. He has Satyajit Ray's vision and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's eye for detail.

Chikku Bukku will be one of the finest love story on celluloid in the Tamil industry.


Have you signed any further projects in any other languages?

Now with Chikku Bukku scheduled for release, the phones have already started ringing but I cannot give out details before it's officially announced.

Would you want to juggle movies with writing?

Writing is something I do not want to give up. Unlike other professions, writing has no retirement age. Entering the movie industry will make my writing career flourish as I would have better acquaintance with the industry that I write about.

Amrita Arora's Sister Prateeka Rao in Scenes from Tamil Film Chikku Bukku, which will be her Debut
Find Here: Pictures of Amrita Rao's Sister Preetika Rao who Debuts With Tamil Film Chikku Bukku

No comments:

Post a Comment




Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Bollywood Star Kids On Twitter

Flipkart.com

Most Viewed In The Last 1 Week

Custom Search

Privacy Policy for www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com

This Website/blog shows pictures of kids of bollywood stars, indian sport stars and other famous Indians.

If you require any more information or have any questions about our privacy policy, please feel free to contact us by email at starsaskids@gmail.com

At www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com, the privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us. This privacy policy document outlines the types of personal information is received and collected by www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com and how it is used.

Log Files
Like many other Web sites, www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.

Cookies and Web Beacons
www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com does use cookies to store information about visitors preferences, record user-specific information on which pages the user access or visit, customize Web page content based on visitors browser type or other information that the visitor sends via their browser.

Some of our advertising partners may use cookies and web beacons on our site. Our advertising partners include Google Adsense.

These third-party ad servers or ad networks use technology to the advertisements and links that appear on www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com send directly to your browsers. They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs. Other technologies ( such as cookies, JavaScript, or Web Beacons ) may also be used by the third-party ad networks to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and / or to personalize the advertising content that you see.

Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on our site. Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and other sites on the Internet. Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy. http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. The third-party advertising companies we use to serve ads when you visit our website may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.

www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.

You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices. www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com privacy policy does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, such other advertisers or web sites.

If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.

Disclaimer

All the pictures and material on this web-site are assumed to be taken from public domain. The copyright (if any) of these pictures and articles belongs to their orginal publisher / photographer / copyright holder as the case may be. we claim no ownership to them

If anybody has reservations / objection on the use of these material/images or find any copy-righted material on this site, then please e-mail us at starsaskids@gmail.com giving detail of copy right etc. In case, the objections is found to be appropriate, the offensive material / pictures will be removed from this site immediately.

Any links provided or advertisements displayed on our site are for informational purposes only and we are not responsible for any damages or consequences. However, if you find any unsuitable link / advertisement, then please e-mail us giving detail of such links etc.

BUY BOOKS ONLINE

Cash On Delivery Cash on Delivery Cash on Delivery Cash On Delivery