Custom Search
Check out Menu on the right to view information on Kids of other Bollywood Stars

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ayan Mukerji Talks About His Debut Film 'Wake Up Sid'

Waking up Ayan: The newest Mukerji on the block, on his debut film Wake up Sid

Ayan Mukerji With Ranbir Kapoor

He's 26; and cute enough to be an actor but he chooses to be behind the camera. He is the same age as his mentor Karan Johar was, when he made his first movie Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Ayan Mukerji comes from a film family. His father is yesteryear actor Deb Mukherji. His family owns Filmalaya Studio, and he is related to Kajol and Rani. He is now he is waiting with bated breath to show the world his own movie — Wake up Sid starring Ranbir Kapoor and Konkana Sen Sharma, that releases on October.

Here's chatting with the likeable and honest Ayan over a cuppa steaming coffee…

How did Wake up Sid happen?
Films were always in my genes, but I never wanted to be an actor. I assisted Ashutosh on Swades and later Karan on Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna. It was a learning experience for me. And then I took a three-month break. I went to New York, and just did time pass. When I returned, I cut myself from the world and started writing Wake up Sid. I had butterflies in my stomach when I took the script to Karan and showed it to him. But he loved it and said he wanted to produce it.

Ranbir and Konkana in a scene from 'Wake up Sid'

Is it true that your first introduction to Karan Johar was when you sent him a text message while drunk?
(sheepishly) Yes, I wanted to work with him. I saw Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, and then saw it everyday for a week. I really wanted to work with him. I had my number on my cell, and one night when I was high, I sent him a message. I just said honestly what
came to my mind. And he replied saying something vague. Three days later, I was meeting Pooja Shetty for coffee and Karan joined her. That's when I told him that I was the one who sent him the message.

Is Ranbir's character based on you?
A lot of Wake up Sid has come from friends and people I know and have hung out with. There's this space I lived in for a few years that I have tried to recreate in the film.

Was it easy to get Ranbir on board?
I didn't have him in my mind when I wrote the film but after it was ready, I could not think of anyone else in that role. I was very nervous about meeting Ranbir but once I started narrating the film, I got completely over that. Halfway through, he
told me he found it good, and stepped out for a smoke. Once I finished the story, he told me he would do the movie. That was a great day for me.

What about Konkona?
Karan thought of Konkona when he read the script and Ranbir too agreed she fit the part. She's one of the most natural actors we have around so it was like icing on cake to have her in the film. Both Ranbir and Konkona are extremely professional and
even though they haven't worked together before, there was no awkwardness. They both are extremely comfortable in their spaces.

Anyone in particular you would want to show Wake up Sid?
(thinks hard) My parents, of course, because they haven't watched it. Then Shah Rukh Khan, because he's someone I have admired. I remember working with him in Swades as an assistant director and got so much to learn from him. I would definitely want him to watch my film.

But you know he doesn't watch other people's films...
I know. But he is on my wishlist

So, is SRK your favourite actor?
He was. But now I think it is Ranbir.

What are your favourite Hindi movies?
They would have to be Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Dil Chahta Hai and Rang De Basanti. I am a product of the '90s so I don't know what came out earlier.

Was it difficult for you to direct a pair that has done few films before, while you were a novice?
No. I think Ranbir's extremely hard working and has super work etiquette on the sets. We both share an amazing rapport. I can easily say that he was the only person on the sets who I could get away by being rude to.

How much did you get paid for the film?
Karan was very kind to me. I didn't quote anything. I think he paid me decently but I have already spent all the money I earned. I bought a friend of mine a plasma TV, he was very helpful during the making. Then I bought two tickets for my friend in Toronto to come spend time with me. And just hanging with friends etc. So I have blown up spending all the money I was paid to make this film.

What do you plan to do after the film's release?
I want to disappear for a while and then later make another movie.

What if the film is not accepted?
I will be crushed if Wake Up Sid doesn't do well.

Source: Mid-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment




Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow Bollywood Star Kids On Twitter

Flipkart.com

Most Viewed In The Last 1 Week

Custom Search

Privacy Policy for www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com

This Website/blog shows pictures of kids of bollywood stars, indian sport stars and other famous Indians.

If you require any more information or have any questions about our privacy policy, please feel free to contact us by email at starsaskids@gmail.com

At www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com, the privacy of our visitors is of extreme importance to us. This privacy policy document outlines the types of personal information is received and collected by www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com and how it is used.

Log Files
Like many other Web sites, www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.

Cookies and Web Beacons
www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com does use cookies to store information about visitors preferences, record user-specific information on which pages the user access or visit, customize Web page content based on visitors browser type or other information that the visitor sends via their browser.

Some of our advertising partners may use cookies and web beacons on our site. Our advertising partners include Google Adsense.

These third-party ad servers or ad networks use technology to the advertisements and links that appear on www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com send directly to your browsers. They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs. Other technologies ( such as cookies, JavaScript, or Web Beacons ) may also be used by the third-party ad networks to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and / or to personalize the advertising content that you see.

Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on our site. Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and other sites on the Internet. Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy. http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. The third-party advertising companies we use to serve ads when you visit our website may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.

www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.

You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices. www.bollywoodstarkids.blogspot.com privacy policy does not apply to, and we cannot control the activities of, such other advertisers or web sites.

If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.

Disclaimer

All the pictures and material on this web-site are assumed to be taken from public domain. The copyright (if any) of these pictures and articles belongs to their orginal publisher / photographer / copyright holder as the case may be. we claim no ownership to them

If anybody has reservations / objection on the use of these material/images or find any copy-righted material on this site, then please e-mail us at starsaskids@gmail.com giving detail of copy right etc. In case, the objections is found to be appropriate, the offensive material / pictures will be removed from this site immediately.

Any links provided or advertisements displayed on our site are for informational purposes only and we are not responsible for any damages or consequences. However, if you find any unsuitable link / advertisement, then please e-mail us giving detail of such links etc.

BUY BOOKS ONLINE

Cash On Delivery Cash on Delivery Cash on Delivery Cash On Delivery